michael-spree-michael wrote:
> It used to be that one can use two network cards at the same time, after
> configuring /etc/network/interfaces and making the networks static.

Yes.  This is a standard and widely used feature.

> This I did.
>
> The results; the wifi card won't connect and the wired connected.
>
> Is this something different in Jessie?

The differences between Wheezy 7 and Jessie 8 are very long.  You can
look in the release notes for all of the documentation of the details
the changes.  The expectation is that none of those will prevent
multiple network interfaces from working.  And for all of us running
Jessie 8 with multiple network cards it is in fact working.

You have said very little about what problem you are having nor what
software you are using.  Makes it rather difficult for anyone to help
you.  All we can say is "works for me" and that isn't going to be very
satisfying to you.

For best results please say what software you are using, exactly what
you have tried, and what was the output.

Bob