Op 16-06-15 om 17:41 schreef Jack Dangler:
> Hi, all -
> Just noticed that my deb sessions are going to sleep. I setup
> my .xinitrc file to prevent it using xset, but no joy.
>
> The .xinitrc contains the following -
> xset s off    # don't activate screensaver
> xset -dpms    # disable DPMS (energy star) features
> xset s noblank        # don't blank the video device
>
> exec /etc/alternatives/x-session-manager # start lxde
>
> after adding the information here, i rebooted the system, but no change
> in the behavior. Any suggestions about how I can eliminate this behavior
> when it is not wanted (i.e. i'm watching a long video on youtube, or
> attending an online class, etc.).

I once did it with succes (Debian7) with this command:
xset -dpms; xset s off

I think you need to repeat the command after rebooting. So don't reboot
ir execute the command in your boot process.

I also had succes with the energy-monitor settings from Gnome (Debian7).

This gives information:
xset -q

Not sure I did it as root or as normal user.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

https://www.vandervlis.nl/