On Tue, 23 Jun 2015, Bret Busby wrote:
> But all of this digression into discussing the mate desktop
> environment stll does not get either Debian 6 or 7 working with either
> the intel, or the nvidia, graphics device, in the Acer V3-772G, to
> drive the external monitor.

Squeeze and Wheezy are old, and neither contained bumblebee.

Try using jessie instead, with no xorg.conf after installing
xserver-xorg-video-nouveau and bumblebee.

If you don't see the external monitor in xrandr, then you'll have to
provide the xrandr -q; and Xorg.0.log files again.

Something the junk advertisers don't seem to understand: we live in an
information super-saturated world. If I don't want to buy something,
no amount of shouting or propagandizing will budge me; all it will do
is get me annoyed. On the other hand, if I have a need for your
product, I can seek it out in an eyeblink.
 -- Charles Stross "Toast: A Con Report" in _Toast_ p136