>>  Ramadan Kareem Yousuf.
>

> What I would do is shrink partition 5 by 100M then create a new ef02
> partition in the freed space. This should be completely safe since it is
> just a swap partition and contains no permanent data.
>
> Do this on both drives after stopping swap (swapoff) then /dev/md1.
>
> There is no need for RAID on the ef02 partition.

Thanks for the wishing the Ramadan Kareem :)

Thanks for your tip. however what i am looking is more easy way. as Pascal
is saying i already have free space in my new drive and there is no need
for shrinking a partition. which is i think dangerous at this point because
only 1 drive is left. if i loose the data i have to go back to my archive
and restore all the data from my old backup drive which going to be a
headache.

so what i am trying to find out if creating a new partition is sufficient
that i will choose that route.

Thanks,
Yousuf