Hi,

Nicolas George:
> I have read that some windows install images are available gratis.

Before i do that i dismantle my new computer.
But there are enough old Linux ISOs in my regression test vault.

> Trying
> one (without actually installing) would be a good way of proving that the LG
> support is spreading nonsense.

Currently i believe the statement that it is not an intentional
feature of the whole series.
The answer (in german language) was qualified and detailed.
It matches my own opinion at the time i started this thread.
I.e. something like an obtrusive automounter would be to blame.

This does not outrule that the individual drive is mad.
I had funny incidents with libburn users and with own drives.
E.g. i can make my Optiarc BD-5300S deformat BD-RE media just
by showing it a CD-RW. It stays in this mood until i give its
USB box a power-off.

> >   mount: unknown filesystem type 'efivarfs'

> Assuming the system actually has a UEFI firmware, that means your system is
> booted in BIOS compatibility ("lecacy") mode rather than with a UEFI
> bootloader.

Ahum.
I did not do the fundamental netinstall myself but rather
got it debianized from my hardware provider.
Mainboard https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P9D_WS/
features "New UEFI BIOS".
The system disk has an MBR partition table. No partition of
type 0xef to see. /boot is sda2 of type 0x83 "Linux".
/boot/EFI is sda1, 0x06 "FAT16", 953 MB, totally empty.

So yes, my system does not boot via UEFI.
Might be that the "New UEFI BIOS" is bored by running in
legacy mode.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas