Hi,

George Danchev wrote:
> I just orphaned the three packages: libburn, libisofs, libisoburn.
> The team has been mostly one-man for a couple of years, but eventually I run
> out of time, energy, and burning hardware to properly maintain these
> packages.

I thought you did this already. Else i would have bothered
you for consent.

Once again, i thank you for covering my stuff since 2006.
You were one of my earliest users and you are a good friend.
Crossing my fingers that your high-pressure life is more
rewarding than it must be exhausting.

Steve McIntyre wrote:
> I'm more than happy to help get you into Debian here, and I've got
> some experience with all these tools already. : -)

The man who trusted Debian ISOs on an obscure new producer
program. Very courageous just to get rid of the plight to
maintain genisoimage.
But still not done yet. I'm fighting a who-winks-first contest
with 32-bit "powerpc" architecture and its need for Apple's HFS.
Hopefully it will be burried before i get bored enough for HFS.

Sneeef ... nostalgy aside.

If it is not too daring, then i would propose this roadmap
for refurbishing the burner corner of Debian:

- I learn what kind of signing is meant with
    http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
    "All packages must be signed with the GnuPG key"
    gpg --clearsign ... ?
    gpg -o ...sig -u ... ?
    dpkg-buildpackage  without -us -uc ?
  and get my proposals dput'ed to mentors.debian.net.
  Hints and examples are welcome.

- You become sponsor for me and my packages. Train me like
  a space monkey. I am very good with using cheat sheets.
  You also show me were to learn managing bug reports.

- When libburnia packages and bugs are clean, we merge
  "Debian Libburnia packagers" and cdrkit maintainers.
  Will Joerg Jaspert be interested to continue with cdrkit ?
  I think Eduard Bloch is retired, isn't he ?
  My team mate Mario Danic is quite busy in real life, too.
  I'll ask him whether he wants to stay in packagers.

- cdrkit would need an upstream home page and a VCS, wouldn't it ?
  Do you still have a copy of the old content ?
  Known use cases not covered by libburnia:
    wodim for mixed mode CDs
    genisoimage -udf
    genisoimage -hfs
  I guess there are more.
  We should clearly deprecate wodim for DVD and BD media,
  but not keep it from doing DVD-R[W] DAO. It seems to
  refuse on BD anyway. cdrskin is fine as replacement.

- We should ask the pkg-opt-media-team whether it wants to
  merge in, too. (Never met any of the listed people.)
  Else it would be nice if it would sponsor me on
  dvd+rw-tools (growisofs et.al.), where i currently have
  a patch pending.

- Finally we make a massakre on open bug reports.
  Many won't fix. Many are individual drive-media problems.

Are the persons listed as "Maintainers" on
  https://packages.debian.org/jessie/libburn4
  https://packages.debian.org/jessie/growisofs
the only team members ?
Is there a member list for teams ? Other than
  https://wiki.debian.org/Teams
which does not list them.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas