[This quotes the missing post, which was accidentally sent off-list, in full]

Quoting Carl Fink (c...@finknetwork.com):

> On 08/30/2015 10:29 PM, David Wright wrote:
> >Quoting Carl Fink (c...@finknetwork.com):

> >>This is not supported by evidence, e.g.
> >><http://facweb.cs.depaul.edu/sjost/csc423/examples/anova/efficiency.pdf>
> >I'm struggling to see how this reference backs up your assertion.
> I doubt it.

You may doubt it, but I have set out why I think the last three
paragraphs of the conclusions carry more weight in favour of the
keyboard than against it. All you have done is name the file.

> Here's Bruce Tognazzini (Nielsen's colleague at the Nielsen-Norman
> Design Group) on the subject:
> http://www.asktog.com/TOI/toi06KeyboardVMouse1.html
>
> Carl

Once again, you've just named a file and left it at that.

Looking at this page, the main argument against the keyboard appears
to be that someone spent "a cool $50 million of R & D on the Apple
Human Interface". There's no information about what was compared with
what, unlike in the efficiency.pdf reference.

Later on the author says "Regardless, you have presented the standard
argument that makes it seem logical that command keys would be
faster. Unfortunately, experimental evidence does not support the
argument." No reference.

But as far as *this* discussion is concerned (ie Word), he writes the
following:

"Hence, users achieve a significant productivity increase with the
mouse in spite of their subjective experience.

"Not that any of the above True Facts will stop the religious
wars. And, in fact, I find myself on the opposite side in at least one
instance, namely editing."

So the author agrees with RLH and not with you!

Cheers,
David.