The Wanderer:

Also on a mostly-cosmetic level, if you log in at a text console without systemd, you will get a certain set of messages, coming mostly from login and from your shell - but with systemd, logging in at a text console also produces a mess of extra messages coming from logind, which are largely irrelevant to whoever just logged in and which step all over either the original set of messages or the actual shell prompt.

As far as I've been able to determine, there is no way to get logind to not produce these messages, without also preventing it from producing messages later - or in background logging - which you might actually want. And, if I'm interpreting the situation correctly, you will probably see these messages in your console every time _anyone_ gets a new "session" on that computer, even if it's not you. This is the final-straw behavior which led me to reject systemd for my own systems.

That last part doesn't sound right. Did you do a detailed write up of what's happening, anywhere?