On 18/09/15 21:57, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I'll your points in reverse order.
> The "repository merging" is handled by the -extract option of xorriso.
> Thomas Schmitt, author of xorriso, has said in this thread to copy from
> DVD using dd.

Yeah, I basically was just focussing on the mechanics of getting the
data out of the .iso image.

> Is there a way to pause your loop to swap DVDs?

Why would you want to do that, surely the DVD images are separate files?

Or have the DVDs already been burned and you've yet to DD the images of
them?  In which case, you could modify the loop:

dn=/media/distributionA
for disc in $( seq 1 N ); do
    echo "Please insert disc ${disc}"
    read newline
    mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
    rsync -aP /mnt/cdrom "${dn}/DVD${disc}"/
    umount /mnt/cdrom
done

That will prompt on each disc.

Someone asked why rsync?  Well, cp would do the job too I guess, rsync
will resume an interrupted copy whereas cp won't.  Piping tar to itself
is another way.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...