On Sat 26 Sep 2015 at 17:11:32 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

> Brian wrote:
> >
> >I see what you mean.
> >
> >Try
> >
> >   gsettings set org.mate.media-handling automount false
> >

> "apparently" works
> *NOTE BENE* the quotation marks
> I ran one DVD
> am now running a second

Successfully, we expect.

> HOWEVER I suspect I've made system wide changes without being asked for root
> permission

Policykit will take care of privileges. Nothing to worry about.

> *ALSO* it affected BOTH flash drives and CDs

Indeed. Is is worth digging into udisks and udev to handle CDs and USB
differently when a left or right click of the mouse does mounting so
quickly?

> http://manpages.debian.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=gsettings+&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=Debian+8+jessie&format=html&locale=en
> *NOT* informative

Nothing to fret about if the easier route is taken:

   System Tools/dconf Editor/org/mate/desktop/media-handling

> It also does not address pre-systemd

I don't follow that.