On 10/29/2015 11:32 AM, Darac Marjal wrote:
Just a thought, have you considered just replacing the internal wireless card? As far as I can tell, it's a regular Mini-PCI-E card and should be accessible under a flap on the bottom of the laptop. Something like an Intel 7260 should work nicely. 802.11a/b/g/n/ac plus Bluetooth 4.0 and it should work well with the iwlwifi driver.

I briefly though of that but when it was working the internal one used proprietary drivers/firmware to work with Linux. Also, if I change laptops the new one have a new radio built-in and I wanted it to be able to use the new adapter elsewhere if needed.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Tim