In article <qvyty-3g...@gated-at.bofh.it> Richard Owlett <rowl...@cloud85.net>
wrote:
> When searching for more information all I'm finding are
> essentially HOWTO's with only a couple of paragraphs on "Whats"
> and "Whys". Essentially nothing on "Why not".

One good use is when you're encrypting / (and /home if it's own) and swap.

I use luks to encrypt the partition, then put LVM on it and then /,
/home and swap on LVM. This was you only need to give the
passwd/unlock once.

> No information on dual boot.

If with not Linux, it won't work. With Debians it will. Other Linuxes
probably will. I'm running several Debian installations in the above
encrypted LVM scenario. (You have to fight the installer for the
non-first installations though.)

--
MartinS