On Sunday 22 November 2015 19:00:19 Chris Bannister wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 05:56:35PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I think I knew what you meant Lisi, but on this side of the small
> > pond we spell it teensy, meaning a very small quantity of something.
> >  Like a pinch of salt in a recipe.  Thats normally less than a dash
> > unless you shake the container really hard. :)
>
> Hmmm, is that more, or less, than a 'smidgin'? :)

I think that depends on which side of the Mason-Dixon line you hale from.
As an old Iowa Farm raised kid, we always treated a smidgeon like it was
about 1/4 of a pinch.

Much of this depends on one command of the language he speaks.  King of
that category would have to be our long time United States Senator,
Robert C. Byrd, deceased, who was past master at telling someone to go
to hell, in such flowery language that they looked forward to the trip.

> https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/smidgen
>
> It looks like a tad is larger than a dash. :)

Generally, yes.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)