I would like to version control my /home directories.  This is on a jessie
workstation where I am the only user.  I have setup multiple users accounts for
comparing and testing.  As a new user, I break the system a lot.  As such, I
have rebuilt my two computers often due to my inability to recover.  Being able
to identify changes and roll them back would be great.

While Etckeeper keeps metadata for /etc, it may be sufficient for a standard
git version control on other directories.

I would appreciate any examples, models, recommendations along this line.

Ray