On 01/03/2016 07:02 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
Trying to find a web browser that actually works here.  iceweasel has
been so emasculated that it asks about flash everytime, bringing up a
requester that has a button labeled "allow and remember", but it doesn't
remember, you have to do it for every flash presented.  Half of the time
you click on it, the site has timed out, so you hit reload hoping you
can click the ok quick enough to make it work THIS time. Usually it
doesn't, so you never get to read or see that story.

And some news sites stories links are totally ignored, and some get
a "request entity to large" whatever the heck that is.

On 01/03/2016 09:38 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Version 37.0.2062.120 Built on Debian 7.6, running on Debian 7.9 (281580)

I am loath to install software by circumventing the Apt package system -- doing so has destabilized my systems more times than I can count. For me, the path of least resistance is Debian stable with minimal customization.

Regarding IceWeasel on Wheezy, the default installation didn't seem to include support for Flash. My guess is that the warning messages come from a JavaScript library (on the web server, or other Internet server) that detects the absence of an add-on to deal with the relevant MIME type. Installing the following Debian package makes the warnings go away and allows me to watch videos on YouTube:

    browser-plugin-gnash

David