On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:08 PM, Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have several remote Debian 7 servers and would like to secure it in
> the following manner:
>
> 1. root will not be allowed any external access (access is only via a
> user becoming root while logged in)
>
> 2. after initial setup, no ssh access will be allowed via a password
>
> I have seen much documentation on securing such a host, but I don't
> want to be an expert--I just need a recipe.

You need to open /etc/ssh/sshd_config and the right settings are obvious
from there.  But I would suggest you setup a key pair login and test it
before applying these changes. Otherwise you might be locked out.  But you
might be able to VNC to it just in case.

--
Code <http://code.javadeveloper.asia>, code <http://alwyn.damit.asia>, code
<http://source.bibleverse.asia>, and code <http://johnmac.hephep.asia>