On 03/13/2016 08:23 PM, David Niklas wrote:
Sorry for such a late post, I caught the flu and have only now caught up
with my emails. I've included the full quote.

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 20:34:27 rlhar...@oplink.net wrote:
On Sun, February 14, 2016 7:12 pm, Gary Roach wrote:
I've been using a microsoft Ergonomic model 4000 v.1 for years. I
love it. I recently looked around for a replacement ( turned out not
to be the
problem). I found that the newer Microsoft keyboards were garbage in
comparison. The only one that came close was a Fellows for which I
can not remember the model.

snip
I was most particularly interested in weather the (clear), cherry key switches last. No one mentioned them. Being able to know what you get and improve/repair it is a big attraction of opensource, be it HW or SW, at least for me. Thanks, David
I just sent a reply about IBM model M. Here's an URL about Clicky Keys--the outfit that refurbs them.

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/meet-master-old-school-clicky-clacky-keyboard/