On Thursday 24 March 2016 20:44:54 Alan McConnell wrote:
> Assembled Wisdom!
>
> I am running wheezy, and would like to upgrade to jessie.  To
> that end I've bought a CD and a USB stick from LinuxCollections.
> My problem: when booting I can't get into my bios to change the
> boot order.  No matter what key I press, the system continues
> on with a re-boot of my old  wheezy.
>
> Details:  my motherboard is a "Military Class Motherboard", which
> I believe is also called MSI.  When the image flashed on the screen,
> only for a few seconds, I see at the bottom instructions to press
> either the F11 key, or the Delete key.  But when I press either of
> these, nothing happens.  So my question is: can I change the boot
> order from withing wheezy, after I have booted and wheezy is already
> in use?
>
> [  Yes, I should have saved the material that came with my machine.
> But I have recently moved, quite hurriedly, and I fear that the paper
> manuals were lost.  ]

To answer the question you didn't ask, when you press F11 or Del, do you press
once and hope?  If so, press the start button, and press Del continuously,
immediately,  until it has either ignored you and booted, or brought up the
BIOS.  If that doesn't work, try again with F11.  Again, as you press the
start button start continuously pressing F11 until it has either brought up
the boot menu or ignored you.  Ideally with a PS2 keyboard.  I have had
problems even with a USB keyboard, and a wireless one for that purpose is
certainly a no-no.

The answer to your actual question is that I don't know. :-(

Lisi

Lisi