> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 21:36:31 +0200
> From: Sven Arvidsson <s...@whiz.se>
>
> On Tue, 2016-03-29 at 19:54 +0100, Alle Meije Wink wrote:
> > I am running Jessie on a toshiba laptop with these specs
> > Hardware: i7 5500u
> > Graphics: Intel HD graphics 5500
> > Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt20-1+deb8u4 (2016-02-29)
> x86_64 GNU/Linux
> >
> > I had to turn of power saving options (the screen can still be blanked
> > after a few minutes but hibernate etc is out of the question) because
> > after waking up from s suspended session/hibernation, the keyboard and
> > mouse are completely unresponsive. The screen is partly restored (some
> windows
> > are semi-transparent for effect) and I cannot go to single-user mode via
> > key presses either.
>
> The very short answer is that new hardware tends to require new software.

That makes sense - although I thought that this card had been around for a
while.
I looked at this question before posting here
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/207855 (from June last year)
Followed all the leads there but my drivers were already as recent as that.

Try upgrading to new kernel/Xorg driver/mesa. (You might want to try out
> using a live cd/usb first).

I did try kernel 4 (via backports) but that broke other things, and it did
not fix the problem.

> You might also need new microcode updates, I'm not sure if they are pushed
> for the updates for jessie.

Don that now, by using apt-get install intel-microcode

> The same thing goes for bug reports, if you can't reproduce the problem
> with the latest software they tend to not be very interested.

What same thing? I'm just trying to figure out what causes this hanging /
if anyone knows a solution.
It may not be a bug -- if I can solve it by using backports, switching to
testing or installing proprietary drivers then I'm more than happy to give
it a go :)

bw Alle Meije