Hi Sebastian,

On Tuesday 19 April 2016 03:58:02 Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 10:42:54PM +0200, Rainer Dorsch wrote:

> > > Are you sure, that you did not accidently skip the password
> > > question?
> >
> > Hmmm....I tried again (not sure if dbconfig keeps somewhare some config):
> >
> > I noticed
> > /var/lib/dpkg/info/tt-rss.prerm: 32: [: =: unexpected operator
> > not sure if it does any harm.
>
> Interesting. That should not happen.
>
> > When running
> >
> > root@scw:/etc# apt-get install tt-rss
> >
> > I get these questions
> >

> > Configure database for tt-rss with dbconfig-common? <Yes>
> >
> > Host name of the  database server for tt-rss: localhost
> >
> > Port number for the  service: <blank>
> >
> > database name for tt-rss: ttrss_
> >
> > storage directory for tt-rss: <blank>   -- I hope there is a sensible
> > default
> >
> > username for tt-rss: ttrss
> >
> > Password confirmation: ???
>
> Ok. I think it's a bug in tt-rss due to changes in dbconfig-common
> introduced in version 2.0. Can you try installing dbconfig-mysql or
> dbconfig-pgsql (depending on which database type you want) before
> installing tt-rss?

Installing dbconfig-mysql changed the behavior. Now debconf asks for passwd
for the mysql root and tt-rss user. But I end up with another error:

              ┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
Configuring tt-rss ├─────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐

              │ An error occurred while installing the database:

│
              │

│
              │ ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) . Your options are:  │

              │  * abort - Causes the operation to fail; you will need to
downgrade,                                                          │

              │    reinstall, reconfigure this package, or otherwise manually
intervene                                                       │
              │    to continue using it. This will usually also impact your
ability to                                                        │

              │    install other packages until the installation failure is
resolved.                                                         │

              │  * retry - Prompts once more with all the configuration
questions                                                             │

              │    (including ones you may have missed due to the debconf
priority                                                            │

              │    setting) and makes another attempt at performing the
operation.                                                            │

              │  * retry (skip questions) - Immediately attempts the operation
again,                                                         │
              │    skipping all questions. This is normally useful only if you
have                                                           │
              │    solved the underlying problem since the time the error
occurred.                                                           │

              │  * ignore - Continues the operation ignoring dbconfig-common
errors.                                                          │
              │    This will usually leave this package without a functional
database.                                                        │
              │

│
              │ Next step for database installation:

│
              │

│
              │                                                    abort

│
              │                                                    retry

│
              │                                                    retry (skip
questions)                                                     │
              │                                                    ignore

│
              │

│
              │

│
              │                                     <Ok>

<Cancel>

Do you have an idea what went wrong here?

Thanks
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch