I'm doing a cross installation. The host system is Wheezy 32 bit, and
the target is Jessie 64 bit. So I run this:

  # debootstrap --no-check-gpg --arch=amd64 --foreign jessie /mnt/debian ...

This sucessfully installed first stage files. Then I go to chroot into
the target disk and get:

  # LANG=C.UTF-8 chroot /mnt/debian /bin/bash
  chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error

I gather the problem is that I'm trying to run 64bit bash code with a
32bit chroot application. How does one then do a cross install a 64 bit
operating system with a 32-bit host machine? I did not find help in the
chroot manual.

Haines Brown