On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 06:02:43PM +0200, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> * Stephen Allen <marathon.duran...@gmail.com> [2016-06-24 11:28 -0400]:

> > I was going to install it, then noticed your note that it will remove
> > exiting mutt etc. packages. Why? I don't want that kind of behaviour,
> > unless I'm missing something and they can't be on the same system
> > together?
>
> Neomutt is the same as pristine mutt but patched with features like
> sidebar, notmuch, indexcolor etc. So you can either use neomutt or
> the Debian mutt/mutt-patched. The executable binary is /usr/bin/mutt
> in both cases. If you want to switch back to Debian mutt you have to
> remove/purge neomutt-common first as the mutt package has no Replace
> yet.
>
> Your configuration can stay as it is, though. Maybe you want to
> configure the neomutt features with some customized rc-files
> documented in /usr/share/doc/neomutt-common/examples.
>
> So there is nothing magic with neomutt at all......

Except it has many patches installed that the mutt maintainers didn't
wish to add, for whatever reasons. I get it, thanks. I'll wait until it
has 'replace' and is in Debian. I was following the discussion on
develop previously and in that post someone  mentioned the package was ready
for Download, and I had scratched my head trying to find your link. Then
I saw this post in 'user'. :-)