Hi community

Just installed Debian 8.6 with Cinnamon desktop i am seem to have some network config problems. I also had the same on another server without a desktop environment.

first of all the /etc/network/interfaces does not seem to show eth0 by default? although network works fine. i can nslookup google.com and ping google.com etc.

So then i configured /etc/network/interface but now the network manager (GUI) still says wired network is DHCP managed?

Also do i edit /etc/resolv.conf to set name servers or what? I tried but now my dns lookup no longer function.

Hoping someone can point me in the direction of some material i can read.

Best regards
Ronnie

--
Sent from Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=siglink&utm_campaign=reach>