Hi,

In setting up a new system,  The new system is a UFEI one.   I started with an
internal 750Gb SATA drive for the OS, and a 2Tb drive for backups.  I tried a
couple of distros and finally settled on Debian Jesse 8.6.  I had installed a
distro on the 2Tb drive, and a couple of others (one of which is Jesse) on the
750Gb drive.  I settled on using Jesse for this project.

So, the next step was to clean out the other distros.  I used gparted to
delete no longer needed partitions and to expand other partitions to fill the
space.  All is now good.

I then ran

#update-grub

hoping that would regenerate the grub boot menu,  (I also tried #update-grub2)
but the old entries still appear when the system boots.

How do I make the system show an updated grub2 menu on boot?

I feel like I have not provided some information which would be helpful in
helping me.  If that is the case, please ask and I will provide it.

Many thanks,

Mark