On 11/4/2016 7:54 PM, John L. Ries wrote:
Any chance the current directory is not in your path?

That's not a mere 'scary' thought,
it is a *TERRIFYING* thought :<

"Why?" you may ask.
" 'cause it implies an intrinsic failure of *nix documentation."

As a computer *USER* I predate CPM80.
I've always assumed that 'cd xyz' implicitly implied that xyz now implicitly implied that {xyz} was not only the "Current Working Directory" but in default path.

After my post, but before your reply, I had tried
  echo $PATH
result was not encouraging :<

I now suspect not only "operator error" but "operator ignorance" ;<
What should I "be reading"/"have read" ?
TIA

P.S. a few hours ago a similar script had executed as I naively expected ;/