Hi there.

I'm running Debian jessie with a KDE Plasma desktop, and after I did an
apt-get dist-upgrade today when I logged into KDE Plasma after rebooting
I got a blank screen (with the Debian logo in the bottom right).

Eventually I figured out that if I run:

 sudo /etc/init.d/kdm restart

that I can log into KDE. Which is good, because now I can send you this
email.

I've been using Debian (and similar) for a long time, but I haven't
submitted a Debian bug report before. I figured out that I'm supposed to
use the 'reportbug' command.

I ran reportbug and it asked me which package the problem relates to:

  Please enter the name of the package in which you have found a
  problem, or type 'other' to report a more general problem. If
  you don't know what package the bug is in, please contact
  debian-user@lists.debian.org for assistance.

So, since I don't know what package to nominate I'm emailing debian-user
as instructed! I'm having an issue logging into my KDE Plasma desktop,
which package should I file the bug under?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
John Elliot V