Le decadi 30 frimaire, an CCXXV, deloptes a écrit :
> I have an older notebook with ATI. (Actually I gave it to a friend) Recently
> I updated to OS is ubuntu 16.04 from 12.x.
>
> glxgears looks good, but after installing later firefox when watching some
> YT it slows down and video breaks. even lowering quality to 360 is not very
> good.
>
> I installed older version of FF and it was much better but still not good.
>
> Do you have any idea how I can improve this?

Don't watch videos in your browser?

The UI is awful anyways. I always use youtube-dl (which, despite the
name, can handle many many video sites, including embedded) plus a real
video player (MPlayer for me, of course). And it has many advantages,
starting with the ability to save the video. Some day I will write a
script to automate it.

Note that the package for youtube-dl is mostly useless, sometimes even
the version in Sid: these sites change too often. But it is very easy to
install separately.