Le 14/01/2017 à 11:23, to...@tuxteam.de a écrit :

Now there's already some firmware on that card (ROM, flash,
whatever persistent storage). But those things are set up
to receive more firmware from the operating system on
the "main" computer.
(...)
(My WiFi hardware also would like to get some firmware.
Since it isn't free software, I decided to go without).

May I ask why ?
As you noted above, many hardware parts already contain embedded non free firmwares (motherboard, graphic card, network adapter, storage adapter, hard disk, SSD...) so what difference does it make to use a few extra loadable firmwares or not ?