On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 10:41:23AM -0600, red wrote:

> All, Im getting this from many of my my deb boxen
>
> any ideas?
>
> Err http://non-us.debian.org unstable/non-US/contrib Release
>   Could not connect to non-us.debian.org:80 (194.109.137.218). - connect
> (111 Connection refused)
<SNIP>

I suspect this has to do with the apparent security breach that some of
debian.org's machines suffered in the last day or so.

Details here:
http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/files/fw/debian-security-20031121.txt

In particular, note the line
  "The archive is not affected by this compromise!"
...which seems to me to indicate there's no need to get all paranoid
about trojaned packages and such.

        Cheers!
--