testingAmd64LXDE

I have never, not once, been able to run synaptic in any similar system
without a root or a sudo password.  Not to execute a command, just to
get the gui up you need a password.

I don't know whether creating a user with 100% admin privileges will
still require a pass or not, I suspect it would still.  As if you add a
user in the sudo group it is the user's pass that is asked.  So
something is wrong on your specific installation.

Hans:

--
 "The most violent element in society is ignorance" rEG