On 20 May 2017 at 14:43, Cat <c...@zip.com.au> wrote:

> On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 02:20:15PM +0100, Michael Fothergill wrote:
> > If this is true and it is a doddle to convert an ordinary debian install
> > with systemd running on it to the old sysvinit format then why is there
> all
> > this sturm und drang and spam on this subject.......??
>
> Fanaticism. For some it is not enough that it not be process 1. There can
> not
> be a single solitary trace of it on the system. Anywhere. At all.
>
> Purity above all.

​I think they should get to know some people who contracted a Clostridium
difficile infection and had a stool transplant​.

See here:

​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal_microbiota_transplant​

​I guess they see system "as a System difficile" infection, but the
developers have created their version of the stool transplant that works
just fine.

Problem solved.

MF​