Le 21/05/2017 à 12:48, Jimmy Johnson a écrit :

Michael what I'm saying is if you have sda1,sda2,sda3, partitions and
you delete sda2 partition, sda3 becomes sda2 and if you make a new
partition, even in the same unused space it will become sda3.

Bullshit again. Unless the partition table is implicitly reordered (no partitioning tool I know does this), primary partitions are not renumbered when deleting or adding a partition. There can be sda3 without sda2. Only logical partitions may be renumbered when deleting or adding another logical partition, because there cannot be sda5 without sda6.

So, in the
end the drive will read sda1,sda3,sda2 and personally I can't live like
that

Out-of order partitions are harmless. Partition numbers are just numbers. I guess you must hate LVM too.

I have to many systems to tend too. But as it's been mentioned you
can use UUID if your fstab

You *should* use UUIDs or any other persistent identifier unless you have a very good reason not to. Disk and partition device names are not persistent, hence not reliable as volume identifiers. The Debian installer does use UUIDs by default.

Anyway, this again has nothing to do with the OP's problem.