<to...@tuxteam.de> writes:

> You can try (caution: untested!) something like
>
>   ffmpeg -i <input file> -vn -acodec copy <output file>
>
> This would leave the audio format unchanged. By playing with the
> "-acodec copy" you can change the output audio format.
>
> I'm sure other programs, like mplayer are also capable to do the
> trick.

yes this would work if I had a file as input. But I have a dvd, and
ffmpeg seems unable to read properly from a dvd. Properly meaning
selecting individual titels, chapters, and audio streams.

So basically, what I'm missing is the ripping tool, something that can
rip an individual chapter from a dvd title and pipe it to ffmpeg.

Thanks,
--
RĂ©mi