On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 4:20 AM, Dan Purgert <d...@djph.net> wrote:

> If it's MBR partitioned, you're already using up your four (4)
> partitions (OS (C:\) ; Recovery(400MB); RECOVERY (D:\); Recovery
> (800MB); and I'm not 100% sure if the EFI partition counts against you
> too).
>
> You would need to remove some of those partitions, and set up an extended
> partition container in order to create logical partitions which you can
> then install Debian to.
>
> Though, since you already have four (five if we count the EFI
> partition), perhaps the drive is already GPT partitioned ...

My computer is actually already GPT partitioned, I already made sure of
that.

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 5:42 AM, Fungi4All <fungil...@protonmail.com> wrote:

> May I ask what version of windows is it that has terrorized your disk?
> In a different discussion I brought up the subject (in reference to win10
> being intentinally hostile to other cohabitating systems with uefi/boot
> protect)
> and this is why I am asking.

I have Windows 10 running on my computer currently.

I will attempt to combine 2 of the existing partitions. I am not familiar
with any steps for this, so if anyone has tips on deleting and recreating
partitions, that would be great. Also, I am unsure what the "disk 1" drive
is. It seems to be 8 gb of free space, not doing anything. Should I just
delete that?