Hi, All...

Am posting this because I see a notable number of threads concerning
problems creating bootable images. I know nothing about "debootstick"
except that there was not one single mention of it in a 4000MB+ sized
inbox. :)

"apt-cache show debootstick" provides the following description:

"debootstick is used to generate a bootable image from a Debian or
Ubuntu chroot environment (such as one generated with debootstrap,
docker export, etc.).
 This image should then be copied to a USB stick or disk and used to
boot any amd64 machine (BIOS- or UEFI-based).
 The embedded system is ready to be started live (no installation
procedure needed), and is fully upgradeable (kernel and bootloader
included)."

It's explicitly stating "amd64" so that's an important point to note
regarding its potential success or failure.

Otherwise, that's all I know about it, and unfortunately I don't have
the resources to test it first before sharing.

Hope this helps someone some day.. :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey