On seg, 10 jul 2017, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 01:28:54PM +0200, Hans wrote:
> > only once! After stopping and restarting LO again, it will not start again.
>
> bt? Is that the same Java crash? See
> and

It is related, yes.  LO does something rather unexpected (and arguably
Not Good) to its stack on i386, and that clashes with the added kernel
protection against the "stack clash" vulnerability.

Fixes are being prepared on kernel upstream, on the grounds that
userspace regressions are Bad, but in the end it is likely that we will
want to fix both LO and the kernel.

As for java, what it does is actually reasonably sane and there are
already two or three kernel fix alternatives upstream, I think they
settled on one already and merged it.  If it proves stable, it should
end up in a stable kernel and Debian kernels soon.

--
  Henrique Holschuh