On Wednesday, 12 July 2017 11:07:39 CEST Joerg Desch wrote:
> I'm using a Garmin Edge 520 for my bycicle and a (new) Forerunner for
> running. How can I access Garmin Connect without installing the Windows
> tools?
>
> The Garmin Edge 520 is already registered to my Garmin Connect account.
> I've used an old Windows 7 notebook with isn't functional anymore. Now
> I've tried to sync the Edge 520

I have a Garmin Edge 520, and I use the Garmin Connect app on my smartphone to
sync it, not the Windows tool. I just needed the Windows tool during initial
configuration, but once it's registered you no longer need it (except for some
rare events when you need it to solve weird sync issues).

I don't know whether it's possible to perform the initial configuration steps
without the official Garmin tool, I have a Windows 10 installation on a libvirt
virtual machine, that I use just for Garmin and iTunes.