Hello Nicolas,

thank you very much for reading my post and your kind answer. I had a look
at xpra and it does look very interesting. Though it does not fit my
current user case. Did you try the Xspice setup with Debian 9? When you set
up /etc/preferences like I described (and have the sid sources in
/etc/sources.lis) and do:

apt-get -t sid install xserver-xspice

it will only pull that package from sid and not mess up a stable Debian
install at all. I would love to hear how if you get the same results that I
do.

Regards,

Malte