On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 12:27:14PM +0200, g wrote:
Hi all, I want to get the power draw from a APC USB UPS. I have managed
to run apcusbd and apctest. But how to invoke these tools to get the
actual power draw in Watt x Ampere?

What model of UPS is it? Many of the newer models use a protocol called
"Microlink" (aka MODBUS over USB) . APC (and their parent Schneider
Electric) have been quite secretive about this protocol, unlike the
older protocol where they provided nice interface specifications.

So, firstly, make sure you're using a sufficently new version of APCUPSd
(3.14.13 or newer). Secondly, check that you're using the modbus
protocol: http://www.apcupsd.org/manual/manual.html#modbus-driver
Finally, if that doesn't help, then it may simply be that the UPS isn't
reporting the required information.

I've found this page which describes how to read it via RS232 serial
port.

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/got-an-apc-smart-ups-measure-real-
power-with-it.55847/

But I dont't have such a port neither a cable.

Regards
Goran

--
For more information, please reread.