On 2017-07-29 18:27, Jeremy Nicoll wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jul 2017, at 07:16, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>
>> What I want to do is recording live piano: I'd like to use two mics for
>> that,
>> one on the grave and the other one on the high notes.  Besides, some
>> times I
>> will need to add human voice: this requires, in my idea, a third
>> microphone...

How almost all professional grand piano recordings are made, whether in
a concert hall or studio, is with two mics on boom stands, projected
over the strings. Bass on the left, treble on the right: the way a
pianist hears it.
Generally miced up in stereo, not two into one, although two into one is
a good initial check before you split the sound back to stereo.
Mic placement depends very much on the individual piano and can vary
enormously.
Also on what sound or style you're dealing with.
With this in mind, a couple of cardiods right over the hammers can work
well: just look out for the hole in the middle.
If you want a really good mono sound, you will often get it by mounting
a large diaphragm condenser right over the top of the back leg.
If you have the room under the lid, or can get it off altogether, two
omnidirectionals, evenly spaced, about 3' above the springs can work
really well.
Go for the manufacturers recommendations on any of Shure, AKG, or
Sennheiser, and you're generally safe.
Regards,

Weaver

--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its
government."

Registered Linux User: 554515