On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 4:30:06 PM UTC-5, Zoltán Herman wrote:
Hi Zoltán,
Thank you for responding.

> Hi,
> do you use ebtables?
I had set up ebtables.  I don't remember where or how.  I had set some rules to
support bridging.  Maybe this is the interference?  Where are these rules set
and how might I back them out or comment them out.

> You stopped the network managers?
I removed network manager and I am only using /etc/network/interfaces, I hope.

> Greetings
>

> 2017. aug. 25. 18:06 ezt írta ("ray" <r...@aarden.us>):
> I am trying to bring up a bridge in Debian 9.  I have an Ethernet interface
> working.  When I attempt to bring up a bridge, it won't come up.  Syslog
> shows that a wireless interfaces was trying to come up and the bridge failed
> to come up due to conflicts.  I am familiar with the conflict so I have
> removed the wlan0 from /etc/network/interfaces and removed the
> wpa_supplicant.conf.  I have a wireless rename rule.  The syslog shows that
> the wireless was renamed, and that it tried to bring it or at least invoked
> the wireless driver.  Then it states the bridge failed to be raised.
>

> I don't know what is causing my wireless to be brought up.  Where might this
> be happening?
>

> Ray

Ray