On 2017-09-28, Pierre Frenkiel <pierre.frenk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2017, Patrick Bartek wrote:
>
>> I don't know if this will help, but I read a post somewhere (don't
>> remember where) of someone who had troubles with the Ideapad 110S
>> -- sound, touchpad, suspend, etc. -- after replacing Windows 10 with
>> Stretch.  Installing a newer kernel from Stretch-Backports rectified
>> those issues along with non-free firmware in the Stretch Repos and/or
>> proprietary drivers.
>   I have already the latest kernel version, but I would be interested
>    having some details about these non-free firmware and drivers.
>    Up to now, googling gave me nothing about that.
>
> best regards,

Realtek offers a proprietary driver for linux (last updated 2014).

Looks like you have to compile it.

http://airbornesurfer.com/2015/04/how-to-install-realtek-hd-audio-driver-in-linux/

--
"A simpering Bambi narcissist and a thieving, fanatical Albanian dwarf."
Christopher Hitchens, commenting shortly after the nearly concurrent deaths