Le 17/10/2017 à 23:01, Ben Caradoc-Davies a écrit :
> On 18/10/17 07:38, Michael Biebl wrote:
>> Am 16.10.2017 um 22:50 schrieb Pétur Viljamson:
>>> I have ugly fonts in thunderbird after updating my Debian sid today.
>> It's the latest freetype upgrade causing this for users which use
>> subpixel antialiasing. Thunderbird needs to be updated to cope with the
>> changes in freetype 2.8.1
>> see https://bugs.debian.org/878870
>
> Aha! So the reason I do not see this defect is my use of the old engine
> (the one that supports hinting) through a FREETYPE_PROPERTIES setting.
>
> Pétur, please try starting thunderbird with:
>
> FREETYPE_PROPERTIES=truetype:interpreter-version=35 thunderbird

Thanks Michael, the bug is indeed caused by libfreetype6 update.

@Ben: For my, the command:

"FREETYPE_PROPERTIES=truetype:interpreter-version=35 thunderbird"

didn't fix it. I did reboot when I change my /etc/environment for your.
It wasn't working either.

The temporary solution for me is to downgrade libfreetype6 to testing. I
don't have the bug after that. Another fix is to deactivate the
antialiasing setting (but you have less beautiful fonts everywhere).

Pétùr