On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 21:03:30 +0200
Pol Hallen <de...@fuckaround.org> wrote:

> Hello all :-)
>
> maybe I've a simple question...
>
> I've an openvpn server 10.0.0.1/24 and a connected client (gateway):
> I use vpn to make backup.
>
> On this client I've samba and clients in same lan can connect to it.
>
> The problem: these clients can see also all netbios across vpn
> (10.0.0.1/24)
>
> what I should blocks using iptables?

Everything. Only allow through what you want to allow.

Alternatively, use a different method than VPN for backups. When you
say 'backup', are you simply synchronising SMB shares, or are you
making a backup file and copying it across the VPN? If the latter,
then SSH or another secure file transfer protocol can do the job
without linking the networks together fully as a VPN does.

--
Joe

  • openvpn Pol Hallen
    • Re: openvpn Joe