On 11/03/2017 10:41 AM, Siard wrote:
Fred wrote:
Xcoloredit was available for Solaris to view system standard colors and
enter rgb values.  I found this is available for some of the BSD
distributions but not Debian.  All I could find is kcolorchooser which
is associated with KDE which I don't use.  Is there another color
viewer/editor package for Debian (Jessie) or does anyone know where the
source code for xcoloredit is?
xcolors and xcolorsel may be used to view system standard colors.
To view/edit colors, there is gcolor2.
BTW, kcolorchooser also works without KDE.

Hi,
I don't know why I couldn't find those. I spent about an hour looking through the package lists. I probably wasn't holding my mouth right.

Gcolor2 seems to be the most useful although it doesn't save new colors to the database. It is easy to edit rgb.txt though.

Thanks for the help!
Best regards,
Fred