On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 10:56:03PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 9:18 PM, Adrian Bunk <b...@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 12:52:05AM +0200, Aaro Koskinen wrote:
> >>
> >>... OMAP15xx is frequently tested and used
> >> by OMAP1 hackers (thanks to Amstrad Delta).
> >
> > But is anyone still using Debian on OMAP15xx?
> >
> > Looking at the amount of RAM in the Amstrad Delta,
> > I'd be surprised if anyone is actually using
> > Debian on that hardware.
>
> It's 128MB, right?

AFAIK 32MB (but I could be wrong on that).

> How unrealistic is that these days?

The stretch installation manual says at least 31MB RAM [1],
but since it says the same for jessie says the same it is
possible that noone ever tried stretch with that few RAM.

> All the ARMv4T chips I checked (at91rm9200, imx1, ep73xx, ep93xx,
> ks8695, omap1510 and s3c24xx) with the exception of the s3c2443
> (which we barely support) only support SDRAM, not DDR, so they
> are already limited to 64MB (512Mbit) per memory chip, and typically
> 256MB as the absolute maximum on a 32-bit interface with four x8
> chips.

Neo FreeRunner with 128MB RAM would still be fine if there would
be a working recent kernel and people actually running current
Debian on it.

So far I haven't heard from a single person running stretch/buster/sid
on ARMv4t, and I'm becoming confident that there are no users left.[2]

>        Arnd

cu
Adrian

[1] https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/armel/ch02s05.html.en
[2] there might still be people running Linux on such hardware and
    it might be possible to get Debian running if someone wants to,
    but actual users who would also report breakages seem gone

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed