>> What I'm looking for is a suitable replacement with the following
>> treats:
>>
>> - Able to run Debian, stock kernel is strongly preferred.
>> - Non-x86, and I don't need another kirkwood ARM.
>> - Gigabit Ethernet.
>> - 4 SATA disk slots.
>> - I don't care whenever it's a box or a rack mount.
>>
>> All suggestions are welcome.

If you're concerned about power consumption and disk speed and have a
PCIe connector in the box, give some consideration to the M.2 'disks'.
In the PCIe connector, they're vastly faster than any SATA (no SATA
bus bottleneck), and they use very little power. I'm using a 500G for
the system disk. They come in several flavors, so there's a bit of a
learning curve to figure them out.

You can put SATAs in the SATA slots and mount them as poky
whirling-rust bit buckets. But big and inexpensive buckets.

Just make sure the BIOS knows how to boot from the PCIe. Mine didn't,
and it took a little *nix trickery to get the 'disk' going.

--
Glenn English