On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 11:05 PM, Emanuel Berg <moa...@zoho.com> wrote:

> What software is typically used to do outdoor
> drawings with houses, gardens, etc.?
>
> I know about Dia, Gimp, and such but was
> wondering if there is specific software?
>
> It can be either "kid style" when you drag and
> drop items (as long as the proportions are
> correct), or basically whatever tools
> professionals and DIYers use.
>
> The coolest interface would be a mixture of GUI
> and CLI where you'd type what items and with
> what proportions and properties you'd like, and
> where, and then it would appear graphically on
> screen just like that :)
>
> --
> underground experts united
> http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

I've recently discovered sweethome3d, and have enjoyed designing a new
house for myself.

It locks up (hard!) my two-monitor Debian box, but works fine, albeit a bit
slowly, in a Debian VM on a MacBook (with SSD, not platter drive). It also
works fine on another Debian box, to which I can remote control via x11vnc
from my two-monitor Debian box.

Probably not professional-grade, but I've enjoyed tinkering with it.

--
Kent West                    <")))><