Hi folks,

I found a bug in Debian's latest 9.3 update where the postinst script of a package contained the line:

"su - username do something...."

It broke the package upgrade because the use of the dash "-" invokes a full shell and we have a file in /etc/profile.d that somehow conflicted. I removed the /etc/profile.d file and reinstalled with no problem. Put my /etc/profile.d file back and reported the bug. I've just run across it again on a fresh install of another package. I've reported that bug but clearly this seems to be an issue involving the use of "su -" in postinst.

My problem is that I have no clue where I should report this. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA

--
Terry