On 2018-01-11 at 09:36, Richard Owlett wrote:

> On 01/11/2018 07:26 AM, rhkra...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, January 11, 2018 05:29:42 AM Richard Owlett wrote:
>>
>>> OOPS, typos and awkward phrasing. It should have read:
>>> When booting one specific install, it displays many repetitions of the
>>> line to the effect that it is beginning a specific script.
>>
>> Did it give you the name of the specific script?
>>
>> Perhaps it would help if you shared that here (along with as much of the
>> message as you can duplicate (presumably from memory or after doing a
>> reboot).
>

> Did a reboot with pen and paper at hand.
> The line is:
>> Begin: Running /scrips/local-block ... done.

Does it really say 'scrips' rather than 'scripts'?

Googling on that error message (with the presumed typo corrected) leads
me to http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133578 as a first
hit.

'dlocate scripts/local-block' finds three packages on my system:
cryptsetup, lvm2, and mdadm. Results on your system may differ. I would
suggest running that command on your system and investigating the
resulting list of packages.

> As to other suggestions:
>
> journactl -xb yields:

That should be 'journalctl'.

>> root@stretch-2nd:~# journactl -xb > testlog.txt
>> bash: journactl: command not found
>> root@stretch-2nd:~#
>
> Installed bootlogd with Synaptic. /var/log/bootlog does not exist after
> multiple boots
>
> However, /var/log/boot contains:
>> (Nothing has been logged yet. If you're still seeing this message your
>> current init system might not write bootup messages to the system console at
>> all.)

What init system are you running?

Usually, this can be determined by 'dlocate /sbin/init', but I can't
guarantee that that will hold for all systems.

--
   The Wanderer